QUALITY ASSURANCE UNIT OPERATIONS
The Quality Assurance department of CMST is responsible for providing confidence to the citizens of Malawi that all the processes of acquiring medicines and medical supplies up to the time they are delivered and received by the health facilities assure the availability of Good Quality, Safe and effective products .
In CMST, Quality Assurance involves the following steps:
1. All medicines and supplies procured by CMST come from manufacturers that have been inspected and approved by the Pharmacy, Medicines and Poisons board and that they meet international and local current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
2. All CMST products are tested in the laboratory and approved before distribution to health facilities. Those that do not comply to the testing requirements are rejected and destroyed.
3. All medicines and medical supplies are stored in warehouses that meet good warehouse and storage practices capable of preserving their Quality through out their intended shelf life
4. Enforcing on Good distribution practices that ensure the intergrity of the Quality during transportation to health facilities
5. Ensuring that the procurement processes are well planned to bring Quality Products, approved by appropriate committees and also comply with the Acts and regulations of the Government of Malawi before contracts are awarded
We believe that Quality Assurance is a proactive process that measures and approves the Quality of each and every business process of CMST departments for the purposes of serving Quality products to the citizens of Malawi.